Africa Fashion guide is hosting in May an event aimed at African fashion designers and retailers to give them some insight in the sector. The event will be held in London.
Details of the event:
- Date :Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 6:30 to 9.30
- Adress:34b York Way, Kings Cross, N1 9AB London, United Kingdom
F.A.B Workshops™ offers you an original affordable, intensive 4-week program conducted in a relaxed classroom style format. Conducted by qualified industry professionals with at least 10 years experience in the field.
Our F.A.B Workshops™ gives design entrepreneurs the relevant tips, strategies, tools and resources to be able to successfully prepare, build and grow your own African focused fashion business based on sustainable design practices and ethical working conditions.
The aim is to educate and advise designers and fashion businesses on the relevant elements required to run a successful African fashion company. Whether you are setting up shop, sourcing or producing in Africa, working with African producers or using traditional African textiles and crafts in a contemporary way, then our F.A.B Workshops™ will prepare you to start up, get prepared for fashion shows, events and next seasons collection, or take your existing business forward.
Areas of study include:
- Design skills for the African market
- Designing with African textiles and techniques
- Sourcing and Production in Africa – understanding the red tape
- Working with international factories, mills, and print-houses
- Understanding FOB prices, Minimum Order Quantities and costings
- Sales and marketing – understanding buyers and target customers
For more details about this event and buy tickets: